Saturday, August 5 – Sunday, August 6
ST. MICHAEL’S 21st ANNUAL FLEA MARKET
TIME TO GET READY!
Preparations are beginning NOW for our SIGNATURE ANNUAL EVENT featuring homemade Ethnic Foods and great Flea Market shopping and baked goods.
St. Michael’s can proudly say our Flea Market was among the first to initiate this type of parish fundraiser in our community. Twenty-one years !!!
This is a key event for our parish. Our church depends on the volunteer effort and generosity of our parishioners and visitors who patronize and support this venture that helps sustain our presence as a HISTORICAL church in the Greater Pittston area.
DONATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED NOW:
Now is the time to gather and hunt for things you do not need in the nooks and crannies of your home. Invite your neighbors and friends to do the same and offer to bring their items in, or tell them about the drop off times. Anyone can donate. We are accepting things now. We DO NOT ACCEPT clothing, computers or televisions.
REMEMBER OUR VOLUNTEERS HAVE A BIG JOB:
As a courtesy to our volunteers and shoppers, as much as possible, please clean items and/or package or bundle in way that reduces the time needed to make them presentable for sale. Our volunteer sorters have a tremendously difficult task in arranging and pricing everything and their job is time sensitive. Anything you can do to help them with pre-preparation of items is most appreciated.
HELPFUL TIPS WHEN DONATING: Items that “look clean” and don’t have too many broken parts and are operable, even if not new, are more attractive to shoppers.
- Never underestimate what will appeal to someone else. What you might toss, someone else may re-purpose or find a creative use for.
- If you have many similar tiny items, you can group them in small plastic baggies to be sold as a unit. Again, consider ways to make them appealing.
- It’s a help if you attach a label to tell others what an item is, if the item is in working condition, brand new and never used, or any other clues.
- Consider sharing healthy “offspring” of your favorite houseplants or starter perennials in small pots. Gardeners are always scouting for snippets of new plants for their collection. No early drop-offs on these! Bring right before Aug 5 and price marked ready for sale. Ready to go!
- Jewelry is always a favorite item.
DROP OFF TIMES:
Currently, items can be dropped off before or after our Liturgies in our church hall. See Liturgy schedule. Closer to the the event, there will be a specific weekly drop off schedule.
CLEAR AND MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
VOLUNTEERS : PLEASE RESERVE THIS WEEKEND TO HELP ! All hands, legs, and smiles ARE needed! And don’t forget to get ready to bake. Consider baking and freezing ahead of time to avoid the last minute rush.
Projected times : Saturday August 5 9 am to 4 pm Sunday August 6 10 am to 3 pm